Tuesday, July 30, 2024

5 *Huge* Novels I Read Last Year

I’ve often avoided *huge* novels because I’m a slow reader, and I always read every word. I never skim, and I don’t even want to improve my reading speed. I prefer reading this way.


I tend to read about 25 novels a year, but if I tackle a really large book, finishing it may take me a month or two. If I do finish it, that means it was terrific. There’s no way I’d give one or two stars to a huge novel, because I never would have made it more than 10% of the way before giving up.


In the last few years, I’ve told myself I was missing out by avoiding long novels. So I’ve made it a point to catch up with a few.

Here are the biggest novels I read in 2023, all of which I recommend. . . .


See full article on Medium:

https://medium.com/books-are-our-superpower/5-huge-novels-i-read-last-year-25581fa99185?sk=ef0dab6290c6b2db281413d4e451d986

No comments:

Post a Comment